Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tanjong Pagar Railway Station


Railway, the KTM train is my priority means of transport to travel back to Kuala Lumpur. The current railway station is conveniently located in Tanjong Pagar, but it will be relocate to Woodlands in this coming July 2011.

I have lots of memory in this railway station as my first time travel o Singapore is also using the train and this was the first place I have the most impression. Back then, the Singapore checkpoint was still in Tanjong Pagar instead of Woodlands.

The railway station is full with taste of heritage, the design and paintings… try to close your eyes and feel. I have too many memories in this place. I can’t remember how many times I have dropped my tears here. The happy moment when I welcoming my family as they come to visit me, and also the sad moment when they need to go back home and I bit good bye to them and standing at the opposite side of platform and waived at them.  How excited I am every time I can travel back to visit them…
It is time for me to travel back home again. I will usually take the night train to travel back home and I will get the second class ticket so that will be able to get a place to sleep. There are about five to six coaches that with upper and lower berth for passenger. Pillow and blanket are provided at each “bed” and there are curtains so that you would have your “privacy”…


Not much people like to travel by train as the journey is about 9 hours if the train is punctual, else, sometimes it can take up to 11 hours if the train delay. I experience that in my last two trips when back from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.  After all, I would still think is service is good and convenient for me, so I will still using this means of transport to travel back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment