Monday, July 25, 2011

In memorial of Tanjong Pagar Railway Station


I think this would be the last trip that I will take a train from this Tanjong Pagar Railway Station as it will be relocated to Woodlands effetely from 1st Jul 2011.

Before I will board the train for my next trip back to Malaysia using the new railways station at Woodlands, I really want to share about all the memories that I have with this Tanjong Pagar Railways station.

My journey in Singapore started from here. Here marked my first impression of Singapore. This is the place that I first stepped on to the land of Singapore in more than a decade ago. My first impression to this railway station is that "wow"..It is a nice building with unique geometric design that full of art deco.

According to an article that I read, the idea of design for the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station is from Helsinki Central Station in Finland. It is why the design has the element of “European” style.

I am not really sure about the history of behind this building but I just have a strong feel for this building... hmm.. Maybe that is a reason why I like to take train home instead of the coach or other means of transport..haha.

Let me post some photos that will become historical in the coming days, for the future generations... as this railway station in Tanjong Pagar will "retired" from it service...No more trains will be park here.. I am not sure whether the railway rail will be retained or it will be demolished.

But thank you.. For bringing me wonderful memories.. Thank you for transporting me to my destination for the past years...Although you will be "retired" soon but you will always in my memories and these photos will be a good memory to show to our future generations....

No comments:

Post a Comment